Friday, October 1, 2010

Cowboy's Sweetheart - Work in progress



Cowboy's Sweetheart, Work in progress
I had a few folks asked me to post images of my work in progress so here it it.

FirstI draw the image on tracing paper the size of the canvas. Then, with carbon paper, I transfer the image to the canvas.

I start my paintings in different ways, depending on the subject and the colors. In this case I'm starting with a monochromatic (raw umber and white)underpainting. This is the results of 1 day's work

2 comments:

  1. Mighty fine.
    K, who are those ladies? I'm in awe of your artistry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This painting was inspired by a 1936 Bing Crosby movie "Rhythm on the Range". In one scene Bing is singing and they show short flashes of folks listening to him.A trio of Cowgirls with dramatic lighting was included with this group of listeners.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Come back soon