Saturday, October 20, 2012

Cowgirl Demonstration day 2


Day 2 demo

I'm just going to show the work I've done on the face because it's easier for you to see and because that's what I concentrate on most.After all, if the face isn't 'right' there's no point in going on with the the painting.

I paint in thin layers, building up the lights and darks. I'm also trying to get each shape correct at this point.

 I'm also blending the edges as I go along so there are no harsh changes between the shadow and light. That was one of the challenges of this painting because she has a definite shadow from her hat falling on the light side of her face plus some reflected lights in the shadow area.

I let this dry and do another layer on Day 3

See Day 3 Demo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. Come back soon