Thursday, January 2, 2014

Flames of Many Colors by K Henderson


Flames of Many Colors, 24 x 30, oil on linen

I had an urge to depart from my usual neutral colored background. Yep, this is colorful.

The title comes from a Quote from Black Elk Speaks, by John G. Neihardt

"And as he spoke of understanding, I looked up and saw the rainbow leap with flames of many colors over me."

The American Indian girl wears a striped shawl. An eagle feather adorns her hair.

See more of my Western Art on my Website

4 comments:

  1. Why the fascination with huge lips ? Your Indians are beginning to look less and less like Indians and more and more like the cosmetically enhanced androgynes you’d find in a Berlin discotheque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonynous,

    I will inform my model that you disapprove of her appearance. I'm curious why you chose not to include your identity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is lovely, K. You can change your settings to not allow anonymous comments if you'd like to. I did and it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. I allowed the comment because I thought it was so odd. He/she wasn't wasn't leaving a comment about my art work but about my choice of models! That's like telling a landscape painter that they don't like the tree they painted.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment. Come back soon